(Thirty-three random ways my behavior doesn’t exactly reflect how old I actually am. Which is thirty-three.)
1. Both televisions in my house are set to Cartoon Network as soon as you turn them on.
2. I have no idea what any other channels are, with the exception of Nickelodeon and Palladia.
3. At least two of my shirts that have been in regular rotation are shirts from “Regular Show.”
4. The other times, my shirts have been concert/tour shirts from recent Two Door Cinema Club tours. I don’t know anyone else my age who does that. I’m not apologizing… They’re really cozy shirts.
5. I took my kids to Toys R Us recently. On purpose.
6. A perfect lunch for me during the school year would be a can of Chef Boyardee mini ravioli and a chocolate Snack Pack pudding cup.
7. A trip to Chicago is not complete unless we visit the LEGO store.
8. I needed to watch “Midnight in Paris” again after watching Tom Hiddleston bring it in “The Avengers” movie… I may be 33, but I can still fan-girl with the best of them. (And I have expendable income! Take that, young ladies! I’m going to buy up all of his posters! Bwahahahaha!)
9. My Amazon search history suggests that I am a teenage boy. (“Regular Show”… LEGO Star Wars… “Adventure Time”…. Really?!)
10. My Amazon search history also reflects my penchant for Hello Kitty. (Which makes the previous post even weirder.)
11. I can engage my students in conversations about the green ninja in “Ninjago.”
12. I can commiserate with my students when they talk about how hard Rainbow Road is on “Mario Kart” for the Wii.
13. My dance skills on “Just Dance 3” are unparalleled. Come at me, bro. I dare you. ;-)
14. I have been known to finish entire boxes of Cookie Crisp and Lucky Charms by myself. Not at one sitting, of course, but by being the only person in the house interested in eating that type of cereal.
15. The tags I track on Tumblr are mostly comic-related. And I will not apologize for any of them.
16. I seriously would consider going to a comic convention. I wouldn’t dress up or anything. I’m not to that point yet.
17. I have a Pottermore account.
18. I got in on Pottermore during the beta testing, thanks to my finding of the Magical Quill (a contest that guaranteed your early access to the site if you could answer a special question related to the books. It only was open less than an hour every day, and never at the same time.)
19. I set my phone to Greenwich Summer Time so that I could find and answer the Magical Quill question on time.
20. I was glad that my daughter woke up super early (she was two at the time) so that I could get the copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire that I needed to answer the question properly. (I keep the books in her closet.)
21. I keep a tiara nearby at all times.
22. I can’t stop drawing Mordecai and Rigby on my interactive whiteboard at school. My students love this about me.
23. I have “sidewalk chalk” on the shopping list.
24. I know how to pronounce many of the names of characters from Star Wars.
25. I have seen every episode of “Beyblade” that’s out there.
26. I recently bought a LEGO set… For myself.
27. I know what “kawaii” means. I haven’t used it in a sentence yet, but I could.
28. I know all the names of the “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” ponies.
29. I have been known to take action figures and put them in mundane situations… All for the sake of Instagram. (Loki commanding an army of Hello Kitty figures? Yeah, okay.)
30. Many of the people I follow on Twitter and Tumblr are cartoonists. And they are FASCINATING.
31. I know that One Direction and The Wanted ARE TWO DIFFERENT BANDS.
32. I wouldn’t mind eating an ice cream sundae for breakfast every morning if it was practical to do so.
33. It wasn’t much of a stretch to come up with these 33 random statements. Granted, many of these came about because I have two young children and I spend most of my waking hours in an elementary school, but I’m not apologizing for any of it. And that’s the beauty of being the age I am, because I am confident and secure.